Jobs in the medical field can be some of the best paying 9-5 type jobs in the world. They are not really a 9-5, more like 9-9. Jobs in the medical field could seem like they are very lucrative, but are they really?
Sure, medical jobs seem to be paying a lot, but that’s because it costs a lot to get medical education. Not only that, but also you have to really work hard. 50-60 hours a week with 12 hour shifts. The financial benefits come later in a doctor’s career. The only thing that’s lucrative from financial point of view in medicine these days is the job stability.
Another thing that lucrative is the passion, if you have any for medicine. In the US and other developed western countries doctors make 100k$+ a year, but in most countries they make very little money. So really, the lucrativeness comes from the passion for it and the opportunity to help others.
Off course not all the jobs in the medical fields require you to get a fancy education or work 50-60 hours a week. We have produced a list of ways you can get jobs in the medical fields, the list includes required education, the amount of hours you are expected to work and of course the salary you can expect to receive.
- Medical recruitment jobs – If you like medicine, but do not have the opportunity to get the required education, and if you also have somewhat of an entrepreneur in you, this is the career for you. In a recruitment agency you help other people get jobs in the medical fields, and make money doing so. You also work for hospitals and private labs, helping them find employees.
- Nursing jobs – you don’t need top notch education, some courses and few grades of medicine school should do it. Keep in mind that you will probably be working in private elderly people facility. It’s a very tough job, you will be changing peoples dippers and working 12 hours a day. Expect to make anywhere from $15,400-$50,000 a year in such job. The good thing is its a good start in the medicine field, even if you don’t have medicine education you can make a decent living later on if you make the right contacts.
- Medical work at home – This is a very wide term. Internet provides us with a lot of opportunities – really it’s up to you to find them. Jobs in the medical field are not just jobs in a health facility. A job is anything that is of value to someone. Hospitals need supplies, someone has to make the call to health facility and keep in touch with them. There are many home sales jobs selling medical equipment.A retired doctor can start a couching site, write books or eBooks. You can start a medicine blog and roll into writing work from home.
- Medical assistant jobs – even thought these are jobs in an actual hospital, they might be the most boring jobs in the medical field. You have to fill out forms for patients, check with their insurance, tasks like that. The good thing is you can take a course for this position and become a certified medical assistant. You will have to renew your certificate every five years and can expect to make $31,000 a year.
- Medical receptionists jobs – this is not so much a job in the medical field than it is in the reception field. You don’t need any education, just good communication skills and be a very organized person. It is possible to advance further from this position into other jobs in the medical field, but some education in medicine will be required. Expect to take home around $24,000 a year.
- Medical jobs overseas – it a bit hard to find such works, but there are many jobs in the medical field all around the world. There are multiple websites for medical jobs vacancies, medical recruitment agencies (as mentored in this list) and non-profit organizations.
No matter what your education is, no matter where you live – there are jobs in the medical field. If you truly want a job in the medical field just look for it and make your own opportunities if necessary.